Tuesday, May 7, 2013

onLine

After a multi-year hiatus (insert a couple of professional degrees here), I'm delighted to have more time to devote to creative work. For now, this blog replaces my long-defunct website.

First order of business - a shout out to Scifaikuest, now hosted by Alban Lake Publishing. One of the few haiku I've written in the past few years appears in their current print edition.

Second - Congratulations to David Kopaska-Merkel on publication of Luminous Worlds! I'm reading it now and loving it.

I have bittersweet news. My work as editor of The Stew, the creative magazine for students and staff of Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, is coming to an end. I just sent the last print issue to Burgundy Press today. We are rising, phoenix-like, in a new incarnation as we merge with the creative talents of the Schools of Medicine and Nursing. Please welcome SEAM - we expect our first edition to emerge this summer.

And that's the news for today: onWords and upwards!




No comments:

Post a Comment